Essential oils have become one of the most popular natural remedies to help with sleep and relaxation. With BedJet's aromatherapy diffuser kit, you can enjoy your favorite essential oils for sleep and relaxation and freshen your sheets at the same time.
What Are Essential Oils?
If you're brand new to essential oils, here's some helpful info. Essential Oils are naturally extracted oils from plants — typically from the plant’s roots, stems, leaves, flowers, or fruits. They retain the natural smell, or “essence,” of the plant they are extracted from. Many people purchase and use essential oils for aromatherapy.
BedJet and Essential Oils for Sleep
To accommodate the growing number of essential oil enthusiasts, we've included an Aromatherapy Kit with every BedJet unit. It's super simple to use! Just add your favorite essential oil scents to the Aromatherapy Kit's foam strips and use the clip to attach it to the BedJet air nozzle. Turn the BedJet on and get instantly refreshed and wonderful smelling sheets.
In case you're new to essential oils and need some suggestions to try with your BedJet, here's a list of essential oil scents commonly associated with relaxation, calmness, and stress relief. They're some of our BedJet owners' favorite choices for relaxation at bedtime.
The Best Essential Oils for Sleep
People who enjoy aromatherapy before bed most frequently choose essential oils with these scents:
- Lavender — Lavender is the most widely used essential oil for sleep. Lavender may help treat mild versions of insomnia and many people who use it have mentioned it helps with anxiety. This scent has been known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and skin temperature - all of which will aid in better sleep.
- Valerian — Typically taken as a sleep supplement or found in herbal teas, this essential oil has been proven to help relieve symptoms of both insomnia and menopause. The scent is calming and has been linked to improving overall sleep quality.
- Vanilla — Although on the sweeter side, this scent has proven to be a source of relaxation and stress relief for many people. Vanilla essential oils typically reduce hyperactivity, relax the nervous system, and lower blood pressure. It can also help relieve anxiety and depression while relaxing you at the same time.
- Jasmine — With a sweet floral scent, jasmine improves sleep quality and reduces restlessness. By reducing your need to toss and turn throughout the night, use of a jasmine essential oil will help increase your daytime alertness.
- Sandalwood — With a rich, earthy scent, sandalwood has been directly linked to feelings of relaxation and anxiety relief. Research has shown this scent to be effective in easing symptoms of anxiety. It has also been shown to reduce wakefulness throughout the night.
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils for Sleep
In addition to using the BedJet Aromatherapy Kit, here are some of the most common:
- Apply oil directly on your body (typically on pressure points, like your wrists or behind your ears)
- Spray oil on your pillow from spray bottle
- Mix oil with baking soda or Epsom salt and add to a hot bath before bedtime
- Use an essential oil fin your bedroom
Got questions about BedJet? We’re happy to help. Call us at (401) 404–5250 to speak to a real human being or email us at email@example.com. Sign up for our VIP list and follow us elsewhere on the web to get the latest BedJet deals, promos and news!