The BedJet is a clinically proven solution to one of the most well-known sleep issues experienced by women: menopausal night sweats and hot flashes.
But what’s less well known is that many women who haven’t yet reached menopause struggle with hormone-related sleep disruption also, albeit temporarily each month. Premenstrual Syndrome, commonly referred to as PMS, is one of the leading causes of women suffering from a bad night’s sleep.
How does PMS affect sleep?
Women commonly report these changes to their sleeping patterns when experiencing PMS:
- Extreme fatigue, despite their actions and how many hours they slept the night before, up to one week before menstruation.
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Night sweats/hot flashes that cause fitful sleep
- Uncomfortable cramps that disrupt their sleep
BedJet for Hormonal Sleep Disturbance
While I often recommend BedJet to my perimenopausal patients struggling with sleep, I also recommend it to patients who experience some of the above symptoms each month. Here’s why:
- As an alternative to a heating pad or blanket that introduces electricity into the bed, BedJet warming can be used to help soothe menstrual cramps. The BedJet can get your bedding up to a toasty, sauna-like 109°F.
- BedJet cooling provides relief for hot sleepers, night sweats and hot flashes during the night. The cooling mode power ventilates your bed, using room temperature air to wick out body heat and body moisture nearly instantly. It’s felt within 10 seconds.
- BedJet’s Night Sweat Management mode is proven to reduce body moisture to keep you dry and comfortable in bed.
About Dr. Darlyne Johnson, MD
Dr. Darlyne Johnson, MD is an obstetrician/gynecologist at South Shore Women's Health, providing comprehensive Gynecologic, Pregnancy, Midwifery and Well Woman Care services on Boston's South Shore. For more information, visit https://southshorewomenshealth.com/
Got questions about BedJet? We’re happy to help. Call us at (401) 404–5250 to speak to a real human being or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for our VIP list and follow us elsewhere on the web to get the latest BedJet deals, promos and news!